Friday, June 13, 2008

Psalm 62

I am in the middle of a bunch of Psalms which cry out for the mercy of God.

Psalm 62 is no exception to this. In this Psalm the writer calls for God's protection, he has enemies plotting against him.

David warns men not to trust in their evil ways, or the ways they try to gain apart from God. David knows if we live apart from God, all the wealth in the world will not produce what it promises to produce. Sin never follows through.

This Psalm caught my eye because of the last two verses though. They are different than the other verses before.

"God has declared one principle; two principles I have heard: God is strong, and you, O Lord, demonstrate loyal love. For you repay men for what they do."

God is powerful and hold us accountable for how we live. This is a scary thought. We are not perfect, and God's standard is perfection (Himself). This is why we need a savior.

Lord, help me to remember my need for a savior.

No comments: