Thursday, July 3, 2008

Psalm 100: A praiseworthy praise

Sorry I have been out, but I am back. My adventure into God's holy word brings me to my favorite chapter in all the Bible: Psalm 100. I am not kidding, this is the first chapter of the Bible my dad had me memorize. It has stuck with me all these years. It has a special place in my heart.

The psalmist begins by urging us to praise God, and he continues this beautifully through all 5 verses. The prose used is undeniably beautiful. I happen to think the psalms can rival any other writings in terms of beauty.

I especially enjoy the crux of this chapter, the beginning of verse three: Know that the Lord is God!

There is so much packed into that statement! Know that the Lord is God!

If I can live my life following this verse, I will serve Him undeniably. Over the years I have found amazing depths to this chapter of scripture. (As we can find with most all of scripture) I urge you to meditate on these words. Its very short, read it 20-30 times. Let it sink in. Let it permeate you. In other words:

"Know that the Lord is God!"

No comments: